Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Interview with Author Pamela Thibodeaux by Jacqueline Seewald

Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux is the Co-Founder and a Lifetime Member of Bayou Writers Group. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!”™ and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.”  Pam first interviewed with us when her Five Star/Gale novel THE VISIONARY was published in November 2011. We invited Pam to return and update us.

Question:  Could you tell us a little bit about the heroine and hero of your Five Star  novel?
 
Answer:  Actually Jacqueline, there are two h/h in this novel. Twins Trevor & Taylor Forrestier (pronounced Foresjay) are the main characters along with their sweethearts Pam LeBlanc and Alex Broussard.

Question: What is the genre of your novel?  Why did you select it?

Answer: The Visionary was my debut inspirational women’s fiction novel and the inspirational genre chose me when I recommitted my life and committed my writing to Christ. Before that fateful day in 1989, I wrote straight-out romance.

Question:   What inspired this novel? How did it come about?

Answer: When I initially wrote this story, I thought it would be a light, sweet romance. But one day, a friend read the first few chapters and remarked that I should be careful of the ‘closeness’ of the twins. Well, twins are normally close, but further discussion with her and other beta reader, revealed a closeness not considered ‘normal’ but extreme. Well as a writer, that put me on a quest to find out what had happened to or between the twins to make them cling so tightly to one another and not let other people into their world. What came out of those questions both humbled and scared the daylights out of me as I’d heard about such abuse toward children but never experienced such treatment, much less explored the true depth and meaning of the healing available through the awesome power of God’s love to the most wounded of souls.


Question:   Can you tell us about some of your other newer published novels?

Answer:  Currently I have five other novels (4-part Tempered series & The Inheritance) along with six short stories, and a how-to book for authors, published and available for readers to enjoy. Blurbs and reviews of all can be found at my website: http://pamelathibodeaux.com

My latest release, Love is a Rose, is a devotional which parallels the love of God and the Christian life to the words of the song, The Rose, written by Amanda McBroom and sung by Conway Twitty & Bette Midler. Love is a Rose is available for Kindle and in print @ Amazon, and electronically at B&N, Deeper Shopping & Smashwords

Question:   What made you start writing?

Answer: I’ve always been an avid reader but didn’t consider writing until, in my early twenties and pregnant I read one-too-many insipid, boring and disappointing romances. Thinking I could do better turned out to be not only the catalyst to my writing career, but a mite arrogant as writing and writing well are at two totally different ends of the spectrum.

Question:   What advice would you offer to those who are currently writing novels?
Answer: Don’t give up and don’t quit. Writing is a gift – a talent given to you from God. Don’t hide your gift or bury your talent. If the novel isn’t moving, try writing something different – a short story, article, poem or essay. Take a break if you have to or even a hiatus but don’t quit.

Question:  Where and when will readers be able to obtain your novel?

Answer: The Visionary is available through Deeper Shopping, Amazon & Barnes & Noble in hardcover. The Ebook is available for Kindle, Nook and other E-readers @ Smashwords. Website address: http://www.pamelathibodeaux.com  

Pam, thanks for being our guest today at Author Expressions. Wishing you continued success in the future.

Pam is available for both questions and comments, so join us!




13 comments:

Linda Andrews said...

Great advice, Pam. Are any of your other books based on songs?

Jenny Milchman said...

I love your title. Best of luck with your writing, Pam!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Good Morning Ladies! No, Linda I don't have another book based on a song, yet LOL! Thank you Jenny, my prayer is that everyone who reads my work in any venue (blog posts, interviews, articles, etc) come to know the awesome power of God in a deeper way.

Thank You, BOTH for stopping by and commenting!

PamT

Jericha Kingston said...

Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your novels, Pam!

Betty Gordon said...

I enjoyed the interview. Your comment that writing is a gift remains with me. I do believe writing is a gift and one we should share.
Thanks for the insightful interview.

Mary F. Schoenecker said...

It was good to hear more about Pam. Just a few weeks ago, she had made good suggestions regarding my latest novel. I wish her continued success.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Jericha, Betty and Mary for stopping by and your lovely comments. Everyone is entered in the drawing....

Good Luck & God's Blessings!
PamT

Nancy Means Wright said...

A lovely interview, Jacquie and Pamela. Good luck with your novel!

Bonnie Tharp said...

Nice interview Jacquie. I've always been intrigued by the connections on twins, too, Pamela. And I love hearing about the journey other writers take. Happy Writing!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Nancy and Bonnie!

Be Blessed.
PamT

Tanya Stowe said...

Great interview, Pam. Love your comments on how hard writing is!

Theresa Hall said...

Loved your interview! Thank you for the reminder that writing is truly a "gift from God"! How often I forget that I've been blessed with a special gift to use to glorify Him.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Tanya and Theresa for stopping by and your comments!
PamT